Thread: Change Permissions of Multiple Folders on Win 7

Change Permissions of Multiple Folders on Win 7

Hello guys, Currently i am using windows 7 on my computer and i have secret folders but the number of folders are quit big. Now i want to change the permissions of these all folders. Actually I am able to change the permission of a single folder but when i go for changing them at a same time then windows does not allow me to do that. Can anybody resolve this issue ?

Re: Change Permissions of Multiple Folders on Win 7

In this case, It seems like you would be changing the system folder. As it is not at all allowed by operating system itself to change the properties of system folders. You would be having limited permissions only for some system components. System component contains ProgramData, Windows, System Volume Information, Program Files, etc.

Many users face this kind of problem while using the properties of folders and subfolders. You would be happy to know that it is possible by using the command prompt. Changing the permissions of certain folders can be done by the use of CACLS command. But you should be using the batch file to execute the these type of commands.

Here you would be facing some common problem or you can say features of windows operating system. Actually you can use "attrib" command to change the attributes of the folders. But before doing this make sure that you are using all the rights of the administrator. As you are trying to change the permissions of the multiple folders simultaneously, sorry to say but it is not possible in windows.