Thread: Deativate Local Disk

Deativate Local Disk

Hi
    I installed Ubuntu on my USB key. Everything works fine. The only problem is that my computers disk is accessible and that's what I want to avoid. How can i deactivate the local disd? My other question is whether I can remove the menu when I boot the system (language selection etc ...). Any advice on this or suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Re: Deativate Local Disk

Hi
    The only problem is that my computers disk is accessible and that's what I want to avoid.
    If you want to do this you require to set a password for it.
    Code:
    My other question is whether I can remove the menu when I boot the system (language selection etc ...).
    Yes it is possible but I think this is complicated. Better not to do it. If you are a experienced user then you can go for it.

Hello
    My laptop is on Windows XP for my work and the department forbids me to install Linux. For this reason I use a USB key. I want to deactivate the disk from my computer, to be sure to leave no trace or virus on my computer. This is the reason I want it to deactivate the local disk. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi
    Code:
    For this reason I use a USB key. I want to deactivate the disk from my computer, to be sure to leave no trace or virus on my computer.
    I think you can go for it because linux does not have viruses, there are some malwares for linux, but they can not effect the system. That is, your system is not going to crash for sure. If you do not have viruses in linux then how can you spread it on your local drive. Enjoy the linux operating system.