Thread: How to maintain and troubleshoot windows

How to maintain and troubleshoot windows

I am using windows XP from long time. I have faced many issues in windows due to virus and other software. I regularly install and remove games and other softwares from windows. What is the best practice by which I can regularly maintain and troubleshoot windows in case of any issue. I have some system tools which cleans up files after some time.

Re: How to maintain and troubleshoot windows

Initially, you can remove unnecessary applications. In case your computer crashes since installing an application you can delete it without hesitation, hoping that everything returns to normal. To uninstall an application, especially do not delete the directory manually, use the uninstaller provided for this purpose for this: Click on the Start menu and Control Panel and Double-click Add / Remove Programs. You then get in a list, the applications installed on your computer. Select the application to remove and then click Change / Remove to uninstall starts.

Remove applications at startup. The majority of applications that load when Windows starts in order to run faster. Only this to mean slow down the start of session, it must wait until all the icons in the lower right side of the hour to load. This will consume system resources, on arrival your computer may be slowed. To delete applications at startup, use the Windows utility msconfig. Click on Start / Run and type msconfig and click OK. In the Startup tab, uncheck the applications that do not need to boot your computer.

You can then clean up unnecessary files using CCleaner and any error messages when Windows starts. CCleaner also cleans the registry. Do not clean too often, it is useless (once a month is enough), do as cleaners or in real time defragmenter registry (or files) that serves no purpose. Update Windows and drivers. In case you have Windows XP, you can if it is not already installed, install Service Pack 3 for Windows: Download Service Pack 3 for Windows XP. To determine whether the service pack 2 is already installed, right click and properties on the desktop, all this is detailed in the first part: Securing your computer and learn about threats.