Thread: IESHWIZ.EXE Windows process?

IESHWIZ.EXE Windows process?

I am running windows 7 on my machine, after installing many new software i have noticed that ieshwiz.exe process always run in background. I have tried to stop that process from task manager but it won't. Is this windows process or any virus. Can any one tell me the procedure to stop the ieshwiz.exe process.

Re: IESHWIZ.EXE Windows process?

The IESHWIZ.exe is the executable for ieshwiz program. An IESHWIZ.exe file is just one of several file format types that are recognized by ieshwiz software. Yo can Customize your folder background using Ieshwiz program. Always use the ieshwiz program in the folder which you want to customize.

Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders. In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "ieshwiz.exe" file name, To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.When Windows finishes your search, select that program and click on the delete button.

Have you tried deleting in safe mode, if it is still running then try to uninstall the Ieshwiz program, right mouse click on its icon on the lower system tray and select exit (Stops the program). Then goto Start> Control panel> Add/Remove programs find it in the list click on it the select Remove on the right side.