Thread: Tab for the background is not displayed on windows XP

Tab for the background is not displayed on windows XP

I want to change my background Picture,but there is no tab for background changing picture.It will displayed other tabs like screensaver,theme etc. I am using Windows XP. My computer is Dell. Please suggest me.Thanks.

Re: Tab for the background is not displayed on windows XP

Please follow the step: First you will turn off your Desktop Web-Graphics and be sure the file you are putting as your background is a Bitmap file. Path to Turn off Web-Graphics then right click on your Desktop then Properties then click on desktop tab then you fill find customise Desktop click on Web tab then click on remove any ticks from the pages if will be there and if that does not work will choose a bitmap file as your background first and then another JPEG file.If any issue please reply.

Click Start then RUN then type "regedit.exe" without the quotes then Press ENTER. When the registry window pops up, please follow this path:HKCU->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Policies->Explorer. After all right click on NoThemesTab then Select "Modify" and change the value to 0after that follow this path:HKLM->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Policies->Explorer and right click on NoThemesTab then select "Modify" and change the value to 0 and close window to exit. After that please restart your computer to effect this steps. If you face any problem please reply.

Dr. V Guest

It may be some virus problem that will delete your Windows operating system shell, so please install an updated antivirus and full scan your computer. It may be recover your background tab in your operating system and you will change your desktop peacefully.