Thread: Windows 7 RTM unable to see my disk drive

Windows 7 RTM unable to see my disk drive

I have just got the Windows 7 RTM operating system. I was earlier using Windows XP Service Pack 2. I also bought a new disk drive of Lite-On. After I installed Windows 7 RTM, I had to revert back to Windows XP as I needed to process some information in Windows XP, so then I though of installing Windows Xp, but this time my Windows RTM was not detecting my Lite-On disk drive. Now I am unable to boot Windows XP again.

Re: Windows 7 RTM unable to see my disk drive

Check the physical connection of your Lite-On disk drive. Might be that the disk drive is not properly plugged. Or there is a possibility of some driver which are missing. Go to the Device Manager to locate the disk drive to update the drivers. If it is not being detected then too, contact the vendor from whom you had purchased the Lite-On disk drive.

Verify that the Windows XP bootable CD which you are using is not damaged or having any crack. When I bough the new Windows 7 RTM CD and tried installing it, my CD was not detected by my my disk drive. When I tried to install Windows 7 RTM on another system using the same CD yet again it failed to get itself recognized. Thus, confirming to me that the Windows 7 RTM CD was faulty. Check this same with your Windows XP CD.

Check that the Booting sequence is proper or not. I had given the Booting priority to my Disk drive and my system would always begin with a message to insert proper Disk to Boot files from. Then I restarted by system and kept tapping the Del button. I proceeded to the Advanced Booting Standard and selected the booting sequence to be give the first priority to my Hard disk. Or in worst case scenario your system has been infected by a virus which is causing this issue.