Thread: how to recover deleted explorer.exe file ?

how to recover deleted explorer.exe file ?

This is very Funny to say but i have to say this , I have deleted the Explorer.exe file of my computer. i am using the Windows XP operating system. After deleting this file my computer is not showing any files of icons or the start menu and every other things. In short my computer is not showing anything.

Please help me guys , tell me how i can recover this file so that my system can work properly again.
    Thanks for your precious time and advice.

Re: how to recover deleted explorer.exe file ?

This is very serious problem. How can anybody delete the explorer.exe file of the Operating System. this is one of the most important file of the OS. Without this file you cannot browse on your system. You have deleted this file that is why you are not able to see anything on your desktop. I think this problem can be resolved by Repairing the Operating system of your computer. For repairing the Installation Disc is required for this. Insert the Installation disc in the Rom of the computer and restart the system. After that your system will boot from the installation disc. Select Windows repairing mode from the options given when you insert the disc. This will solve your problem.

First try to repair the Windows OS of your computer. If repairing the windows is not correcting or fixing your system than there is only one option left for you. You should Reinstall the Windows XP operating System. This will install the fresh copy of the window in your system. Insert the Windows XP bootable disc in the CD Rom. Now your system will boot from the disc. Install the OS on the same partition , on which the current OS is installed. Format the Partition before installing the new copy of windows XP.

If you have deleted the explorer.exe then see it in the Recycle bin folder of the system. Normally this files is gets deleted permanently without going in the recycle bin of the computer. But check once, If this file is there then right click on the file and select restore option. Now restart your computer system. And if the file is not there then insert the Windows OS disc in the Rom and copy the missing file(in your case- explorer.exe) and paste it in the System32 folder which is located in the windows folder in C Drive of the computer system. Restart the system , this problem will be resolved by doing this.