Thread: Restore Point deleted automatically in Windows 7

Restore Point deleted automatically in Windows 7

HI friends, I have installed Windows 7RC in my computer with clean installation and after that installed some software. So, after my installation completed I just restore my system. Then I restart my computer to make setting permanent. But when it started it don't shows any restore point. So, what exactly happening to the system. I have tried for using different things but not got any problem. The problem is related to just that restore point. Is this any serious problem?
    Last edited by Adrina_g; 04-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Re: Restore Point deleted automatically in Windows 7

Hi, have you checked the same by creating new restore point? As their may be possibility that due to different software installation restore point is not successful and you think that the restore point is not working properly. Just check by creating new restore point and then make sure that you are getting the same error again. If you got the same error, then there will be possibility that your installation of new operating system of Windows 7 is not completed fully. That means there are some system files which are not working properly due to which you are getting this problem.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 04-12-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Hi, the problem which you are getting in Windows 7 about the restore point is due to the inappropriate installation of the system files due to which some or other functions are not working properly. So, I suggest you that you need to install the Windws 7 again so that you will able to use those functions. If you don't install the new operating system then it wont hurt you more, but may be possible that the function which is not working you need the most. So, as you have not copied data into the hard drive just reinstall windows and then use it.
    Last edited by Lillebror; 04-12-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Hi, I think the problem you are getting is due to some virus infection. As you have installed the software on your system, it may possible that there would be some virus would gets activated from one of the software and it is now stopping the changes which you are doing. So, try to scan your system with the updated antivirus program and then check whether your computer has virus or not. If not then there may be issue of your Windows 7. Just reinstall it.