Thread: Backup and Restore panel buttons not working

Backup and Restore panel buttons not working

I recently installed windows 7 on my system. The problem is backup and restore center not working. When i click on the option "change settings" given in that windows it doesn't do anything. Is there any procedure to enable it. If you have any ideas I'd appreciate it.

Re: Backup and Restore panel buttons not working

You must have administrative or backup operator credentials on your computer to back up and restore files and folders. The file backup and restore features in Windows help you keep your data safe from user error, hardware failure, and other problems. Backup operators and administrators can back up and restore encrypted files and folders without decrypting the files or folders.

A service called "Task Scheduler" may be disabled on your machine. System Restore automatically creates easily identifiable restore points. You can also manually create restore points at any time. Backup and Restore panel buttons which are not working because of Task Scheduler service, it must be enabled in order for System Restore to create a Restore Point.

Have try to scan your system. Windows Live OneCare safety scanner is a free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC. Another option is PC Integrity Scanner Integrity Scanner will walk you through a set of system locations where spyware could hide so you can visually inspect your system's integrity.