Thread: Advanced Server Domain - Joining Windows 7 To Windows 2000

Advanced Server Domain - Joining Windows 7 To Windows 2000

Hi
    I have a problem with Advanced Server Domain. I am trying to join windows 7 to windows 2000. But I have encountered error messages and unfortunately I ca not recognize the error message
    There are no trust relation to the domain
    Delegation ....
    These are the main two errors I am getting. What can i do to sort this problem. Where can i find a solution for this? Any help or advice how can i join these two. Thanks in advance.

Re: Advanced Server Domain - Joining Windows 7 To Windows 2000

Hi
    I think it will be a better idea if you remove the windows 7 machine from your group, if you have it there then please do remove it. I feel that windows 2000 is not just in the same security class as that of windows 7, this might be the reason it is not working. One more thing you can check is that was your computer previously joined to the domain with the same computer name under a different operating system. If so then this may work thought not sure about this. Try this two possible conditions and then see if it works.

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    I think it will be a better idea if you remove the windows 7 machine from your group, if you have it there then please do remove it.
    As you said I have tried the two way
    Code:
    One more thing you can check is that was your computer previously joined to the domain with the same computer name under a different operating system.
    1) I installed a new copy with a new name and then tried to join the windows 200 domain
    2) I upgraded from windows xp as already a member of the domain.
    But unfortunately bot the cases have not worked for me. Tried a lot but failed. Any more advice on this . Thanks in advance.

Hi
    I think that the windows xp mode is just not for gaming rather it is just to run the business application and they run well on windows xp an example is microsoft office suite. Windows xp uses the Microsoft virtual machine technology which can also be said as provides an emulated 4 MB S3 Trio video card. It is little bit tough what your are trying to do. sorry I have not much idea about it.