Thread: Windows 7 : Data error - Cyclic Redundancy Check

Windows 7 : Data error - Cyclic Redundancy Check

Hi, I have windows 7 installed on my computer and before one day I have encrypted C and D drive using Bitlocker application. After encryption I change UAC setting to default from low. And when I reboot my computer my d is locked and now it required key in PIN whenever I reboot. If I use auto unlock it gives me error of "data error cyclic redundancy check". What does it mean? Have you any solution about this. Please, help me in this solution.

Re: Windows 7 : Data error - Cyclic Redundancy Check

Hi, I don't know exactly, but I think the problem is due to any changes into the setting of the computer. So, just again make changes to UAC setting to low than default and check whether your problem gets resolved or not. I think this will solve your problem. You need to do also disk checking. For this just go to command prompt and then type chkdsk and if there will be any problem in the files it will solve that problem. So, first make this changes and then reply me again about the same.

Hi, you told that you now you need to enter the PIN to use the D drive. Have you set any type of key to the d drive. As unless and until you set any pin code it wont ask you about the same. So, just try to clear this point. And then reply again. I am not able to get the point which is provided by you. So, just make clear the problems in your question and then I can able to solve your problem.

Hi, I have encrypted my drives, but not get the error as you are getting about the cyclic redundancy check. I think this error you are getting is due to the change in setting of UAC. So, I suggest you to make changes into the setting of UAC as it is set at first to low than the default one. Just try this, I think this will help you to solve your problem. After doing the changes you just restart your computer to make changes permanently. Try this. I think is works.

Hi, you are getting the problem due to the changes into the UAC setting. I had done it and then I was also getting the same problem as you are getting now the error of Data error - Cyclic Redundancy Check. Then I just make the setting of UAC as it was and then just made restart of computer and the problem got solved. Just do it. I think you will able to solve this problem by doing so.