Thread: Windows 7 black screen after login

Windows 7 black screen after login

I have a Dell Laptop on which i had installed Windows 7 on it. When ever i start my Windows 7. It boots perfect and shows the login screen. But on startup after login, i get a black screen with a cursor going automatically goes in normal or safe mode. I can't see any of my desktop items. I tried several ways to get it back to normal mode, but couldn't succeed. I could change my background picture, but I cannot use right click on the background. Does any why i'm getting Windows 7 black screen after login? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 black screen after login

I had the same problem. reboot your computer, and when it asks you what OS to start, highlight Windows 7 and press F8. Then, boot it in low-resolution mode. First, try clicking on startup and say disable all, then say apply. Try restarting your computer and loading it normally, and see if it lets you get anywhere. If it does, you can go back into msconfig and start enabling startup items again until you find the one that is messing you up.

It could be that your video card needs to be tweaked a little to properly display your desktop on your new Monitor. When the system reboots, try using F8 to get to the advanced boot menu and tell it to use base video. Maybe it will complete the install.

Try restarting into Windows normally again, if it works, then again, you have to figure out which service/startup items are affecting your boot up. You should check your computers as they are most likely infected with a virus. In the bootmanager i just choose to start in a very low resolution and now it works fine.

I think it's a problem with all computers that do that if it's not your Video card. Also, please open Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Recover system settings or your computer -> Open System Restore -> follow the wizard to restore the system to the state before the issue occurred. If your screen goes to a blue or black screen, i think you should change your video card.