Thread: After 10 minutes idle desktop locks in Windows 7

After 10 minutes idle desktop locks in Windows 7

Hi, I don't know whether is any policy setting to lock the desktop after specified idle time. But my computer is getting locked after some time of idle say for now 10 minutes. I am not able to get the problem. But needed an immediate solution regarding this. So, please help me. This setting is giving me more problem while using the Windows 7. I have searched on internet regarding the solution about this, but it worth. This forum is my last hope. So, please help me in this situation.

Re: After 10 minutes idle desktop locks in Windows 7

Hi, I think you are getting this problem due to the screensaver. You need to check your screensaver setting. I think your computer screensaver is getting on when your computer is remain idle and you are thinking that you are getting the problem due to the any setting into the widows 7 system files. So, just try for the setting of the screensaver or simply set your windows 7 screensaver to none and check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think you don't get that problem. Just try it.

Dr. V Guest

Hi, you are getting the same problem as I got first time. I thought that the problem is due to the screensaver but then I come to know that the problem is due to the security restriction. Even though you set the screen saver to "(none)", the security restriction still applies and blanks the screen after the time set and it comes with logon screen if that box is checked. Thats why you are getting it. So, just uncheck the logon screen and solve your problem.

Hi, your Windows 7 locks After 10 minutes idle, right? One of my friend is also got the same problem. And then he come to know that this problem is due to the some security restrictions setting had done by him regarding the logon screen, which causes that problem. So, just search for the security restrictions settings for your computer and check whether there is any setting which will turn off this logon screen and solve your problem. I think you will able to solve your problem by doing so. I don't have Windows 7 in my computer, that why I don't know the exact path for the security restrictions. You just need to search for it. But as he had solved that problem, you will able to solve the problem by doing it. Just do it.