Thread: HP Pavilion Desktop gives start-up Isass.exe error message

HP Pavilion Desktop gives start-up Isass.exe error message

Firstly here is my desktop specifications. I had bought this HP Pavilion Elite m9700 desktop computer which had Windows Vista operating system installed in it. But since I more comfortable with Windows XP I had downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP. But now when I boot my desktop computer it always displays an application error code Isass.exe stating-
    The instruction at "0x00401082" referenced memory at "0x00000000". This memory could not be "written.
    How to fix it ?

Re: HP Pavilion Desktop gives start-up Isass.exe error message

The reason can be that the Windows XP was not properly installed. Try to re-install the Windows XP operating system. Before re-installing Windows XP, make sure that the disc which you are using to install Windows XP has all the files and it should not be corrupted. And also check that your disc drive is functional. As if the disc drive is not working properly it might read files appropriately from the disc as well.

This happened with my desktop also. But was given some other memory reference. I earlier did not gave this error much importance and neglected it. But later on there were more memory locations that were corrupted. After installing and scanning my desktop with Avast anti-virus I was able to terminate the malicious programs that were causing this problem. And infact the memory was not damaged and it was a malicious programs generating those messages. I would advise you to Download AVAST Home Edition to secure your desktop.

They solution can be reinstalling Windows XP to repair the affected memory locations. If you have deleted the files due to those error code, you an then probably repair Windows XP by reinstalling the missing or corrupted files. You need do a complete Windows XP reinstallation as there are changes that your data might also be lost. Insert Windows XP CD and select Repair Windows XP to update Windows XP with the missing files.