Thread: Windows Vista (KB959772) update causing major issues

Windows Vista (KB959772) update causing major issues

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. Recently i had updated Windows Vista (KB959772) on my system. After updating Windows Vista (KB959772) on my system, it has started giving me some serious problem. Whenever i try to launch Quicktime, many times while off line & online, i can see some weird windows errors pop up flashing on my desktop screen. My dhcp client has stopped working, while my Windows audio has also stopped working. Can any body tell me why does my Windows Vista (KB959772) update causing major issues? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issues. Thanks.

Re: Windows Vista (KB959772) update causing major issues

You need to remove the temporary update files that Windows uses to identify updates for your computer. Can you restore to an even earlier version? Manually installing it might work fine, or maybe you may need to elevate it and run it as an administrator, or maybe there's a small chance it might install in safe mode.

To remove the temporary files, stop the Windows Update service, delete the temporary update files, restart the Windows Update service, and then try to check for Windows updates again. First thing springs to mind is that your system became un-validated (ie, MS servers thinking was a pirated copy = no updates allowed). Since you've restored to factory settings, is a little impossible to diagnose if this was in fact the case.

Your firewall is probably blocking access. Try disabling Zonealarm, or adding an exception for Windows Update. You can either remove any lines that contain entries for Windows Update or for Microsoft Update OR you can just place the number sign # before or in front of any line that contains "microsoft" and "update". HostsMan is a good freeware utility to help you manage your hosts file.

I think you should re-install Windows Vista on your system. Then you need to try out installing updates from Windows Update. One of the most common problems associated with Windows Vista Update is the DNSChanger Trojan. You'll recognize this trojan by checking the DNS server assignments on the computer that does not update.