Thread: Lost files when I created a new user account

Lost files when I created a new user account

Hey everyone, I am using the operating system, Windows Vista. Recently, I created a new user account and deleted the old one. I lost my files when I created this new user account. These included images, word files, etc. I looked for it in my entire system but could not find even a single file. If anyone has any idea that what has happened, please reply and give a solution to get back these files.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Lost files when I created a new user account

How could you have lost files when you created a new user account? Well, whatever the problem is, the ultimate result is that you have lost the files. There is software called RECOVER MY FILES that allows you to regain these lost or deleted files. In this software, first the drive needs to be selected where you have lost the files from. Then, there are files types, that is the extensions like jpeg, txt, doc, zip, avi, etc. are given in the software interface. You need to check-in the boxes for which file types you need search. Then, you need to start the search and the lost files will be recovered for you. These recovered files have to be saved in a different drive and not in the drive from where you recovered these files.

You cannot lose files on creating a new user account. The files could have become hidden. In such a case you can see the files by going to tools, then folder options and after that select show hidden files and folders. Now, you should see these files. If still you are not able to see them, then try to search for the files using CTRL+F. This can be done only if you know the names of the files that have been lost. If still you cant find them, then it means that you must not have the permissions to access those files. For granting permissions, go to the administrator account and give this account full rights. Then, you should be able to view all your files.

If you have lost files when you created a new user account means that you have not lost the files, but they are in the recycle bin. If you cannot find them in the recycle bin, then your system must have been attacked by some kind of virus/malware that must have set a backdoor program on the system. As a result, someone else must have gained access into the system and must have carried away your files. Use Undelete Plus to regain these stolen files and keep a good spyware installed on your system.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 27-11-2009 at 06:02 AM.