Thread: Imac G5 Won't Start Up

Imac G5 Won't Start Up

Hi,

My Imac G5 Won't Start Up. I have the initial blank screen with the apple and spinning circle, but then nothing happens. The wheel keeps spinning for hours. I tried unplugging everything except the power cord, but with the same result. The CD / DVD does not work anymore, so he can try to start with a boot disk. Can anyone help me !!

Re: Imac G5 Won't Start Up

With the Applications folder (which contains the applications) open, click and hold the folder icon in the title bar until it turns dark. Drag it directly to your hard disk and instruct the dialog box to replace the "new element". This will restore the Applications folder where it belongs. His problem is that the Applications folder was (probably accidentally) moved into a different folder from where it belongs. If the folder is moved or not, OS X automatically replace it with an empty folder.

There are several things you can try to fix this symptom. Go through each one by one until you find the solution. Some of them are advanced techniques, but give them a chance.

1. Mac OS X reviews fonts in Mac OS 9 system folder while booting. A Mac OS 9 corrupted font file can cause this problem. Install Mac OS X 10.2.4 or later to avoid this problem.

1. Start up from Mac OS 9 System Folder or a Mac OS 9 CD-ROM. If your computer will only boot from Mac OS X, start up in Safe Mode.
    2. Drag the Fonts folder in Mac OS 9 system folder (not the Mac OS X system folder) on your desktop.
    3. Restart the computer in Mac OS X.

Remove incompatible third-party startup items, it might be causing the problem :

1. Start up from your Mac OS 9 System Folder or a Mac OS 9 CD-ROM disc. If your computer only starts from Mac OS X, start up in Safe Mode.
    2. Open the Mac OS X hard disk.
    3. Drag third-party items out of the /Library/StartupItems and /System/Library/StartupItems folders. You may wish to temporarily store them in the Mac OS X Users folder. If you're unsure whether an item is a third-party item or an Apple-installed item, don't move it.
    4. Restart the computer in Mac OS X.