Thread: Problem in opening c drive

Problem in opening c drive

Hi friends i am using Windows XP operating system. And i am having problem in opening the C:\ Drive of my hard disk. When i double click on the C:\ drive it shoes that choose program from the list to open. I selected each option from the list but it is not opening. But other Drives on my hard disk is working properly. I am not able to figure out the problem. Please give me solution to solve the problem.

Re: Problem in opening c drive

If you are having problem in accessing C:\ drive of your computer you can also try other method to access c drive. You can access your hard disk from the command prompt. To run command prompt in your computer just go to start then select Run and type cmd and press enter. Now command prompt window will appear on your desktop screen. In command prompt do the following things , First- Type cd\ then type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf and press enter , Now type del autorun.inf and press enter . Now type c: and press enter. Now your C drive will open.You can access your files.

You are not able to access drives on your computer. This may be because of viruses. You can browse your hard disk by other ways , Just right click on your hard disk partition and and select Explore option from the list. Now you can see the data of your drive. If you are unable to access hard disk by this method then you can try one another method just select local disk(C) from address bar. But you should update your antivirus software to secure your computer from viruses and threats.

So you are unable to open the drive of your desktop. The reason of this problem is you computer is infected with the viruses. Some viruses affect the drives so that it becomes impossible to access drives by double clicking the drives. you can access the drives by explore option which appears on right clicking the drives. If then also you are unable to browse the drives then it is better to format your computer and install a fresh copy of windows or whichever operating system you are using. By installing new copy of operating system your problem will be solved.