Thread: How to install asp.net on windows 7?

How to install asp.net on windows 7?

Hi friends,

Recently i installed a clean Window 7 on one of my PC. Its really cool with new great features but the problem is that when i am trying to install ASP.net on the same, the system is giving me an error message saying "Error: HTTP 500.19."

I reformatted, reinstalled the Windows and tried again to install the ASP.net from the original CD, but the installation failed again with the same error. I need to install ASP.net urgently because i have to complete my office project.

So please somebody help me its urgent

Thanks in advance

Re: How to install asp.net on windows 7?

Hey,

When you are trying to install the ASP.net did you checked your server directory.Check whether it is application or virtual. If it is virtual directory then it will allow you to install the ASP.net, every time when you will try to install ASP.net it will give you the error: HTTP 500.19 error and it will automatically stop your installation.

So change your server directory from virtual directory to the application directory and try to install the ASP.net once again.

Hope this will definatly help you out............

If you want to install ASP.Net then make sure that your operating system has IIS install on your system. If it is not install on your system then install the IIS first and then try to install the ASP.net.

Just do the following to install the IIS:

• Click on Start and go to the control panel
    • there you will find a link Turn of Windows features on or off
    • Internet Information tree node you will find option
    • just click on the all option
    • After that you will find the dialog box

Now start your browser which will show you IIS default browser.

Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 is the web server software included with Windows. IIS isn't installed by default when you install Windows. If you want to install a web server to serve only static content, such as HTML files and image files, follow the first procedure. If you want to install a web server to serve dynamic content, such as web applications or server-side include (.ssi) files, follow the second procedure.
    Hide all
    To install IIS to serve static content

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button>click Control Panel > click Programs > and then click Turn Windows features on or off( Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)

In the list of Windows features, select Internet Information Services, and then click OK.

To install IIS to serve dynamic content

2. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button> click Control Panel> click Programs > and then click Turn Windows features on or off.( Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)

In the list of Windows features, click the plus sign (+) next to Internet Information Services, click the plus sign (+) next to World Wide Web Services, click the plus sign (+) next to Application Development Features, select the dynamic content features you want to install, and then click OK.

For more information about using, configuring, and managing IIS, use the following resources:

* Click Help or Online Help from within IIS Manager to view the product documentation.
    * View the IIS Operations Guide online.
    * Visit the official Microsoft IIS website to interact with the community and learn about IIS features.
    Last edited by Devasis; 20-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.