Thread: Necessary to clear temp

Necessary to clear temp

Hi Guys
    I have windows xp installed, Recently I have installed many software on my system, but after that I un-installed them because I thought they were not to the mark. So, my computer is running slow now a days. One of my friends told to clear the temp folder and he told to download a good software to clean the temp from the system. My question is do I really need to clear the temp? is it absolutely necessary to clear the temp folder? I have never done this, so please guide me with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Necessary to clear temp

Hi
    I recommend you to clear the files form the temp folder. It is not at all harmful for the system. CC Cleaner is a good software for cleaning the temp values or files. Download the software run it and the reboot the system. Definitely you will see some speed on your system. You can also disable the unwanted startup entries (except the windows services). Before disabling the startup entries please read the services carefully. Tuneup 2010 is a good software to keep your computer optimized. If you need you can try this software.

Hi
    I agree with the above solution to clear the temp value or files except the Tuneup 2010 software. Some times tuneup causes problems when we try to change the boot screen, login screen etc. just subject it to windows leaning only. It can cause problems to the other windows settings also. But even its true that problems does not occur always. One of my friends used tuneup for changing the boot screen in vista and he found that the login screen blurred with lines. Also he had problems with his laptop's audio driver. But tune up may work fine with you.

Thanks guys
    My computer is little faster than it was. I cleaned the temp folder and used the CC Cleaner software for it. I have not tried the Tuneup software yet. But I will try it soon. Even the computer is not giving any problem at all. Thanks again for your help guys. If any problem in future, I will definitely post here.