Thread: Do Vista drivers work on Windows 7?

Do Vista drivers work on Windows 7?

Do Vista drivers work on Windows 7? I have a desktop computer and i have two driver disc. One is for XP and other is for Vista. I don't have the drivers for Windows 7. I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate which i purchased and it arrived yesterday. I am not sire where to get drivers. So do the driver work? Or i shall try and download the Windows 7 drivers? Please help...

Re: Do Vista drivers work on Windows 7?

Yes, The drivers built for Windows Vista will work for Windows 7. The basics which work behind this is, Windows Vista and Windows 7 both have a similar kernel architecture. This was similar for Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows ME, if you might have noticed. But there may be problems, do check it out yourself...

Most of the Windows Vista drivers work on Windows 7 as well, but there are some drivers which can only be installed by running its software packages, These software package checks for Operating System string which tells the software which OS it is, in such scenario, your drive might not work. In such cases, you may need to download drivers for Windows 7 exclusively...

Well, Windows 7 is out and Drivers for the same are being built on regular basi now. If your Windows Vista drivers don't work on Windows 7, you should consider visiting the hardware manufacturer's website and check if there are drivers available for Windows 7. This is the only way out if Windows Vista drivers don't work on Windows 7...

Thank you guys for giving some time to my question. I just visited my motherboard manufacturer's website and i can see drivers for Windows 7 there. I have the Windows Vista disc, if these drivers wont work, i will download the drivers for Windows 7. Thanks you again..