Thread: Error message "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in PDM.DLL."

Error message "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in PDM.DLL."

I am having a Windows Xp computer at my that is using since a long time. It has never created a huge issue for me. But from yesterday, whenever i am trying to open any application, that opens in Windows Explorer, the system gives me an error message saying "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in PDM.DLL." and windows explorer gets crashed. Do you guys have any idea about this ? Please let me know how can i fix this error and also let me know what is PDM.DLL ?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Error message "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in PDM.DLL."

Errors caused due to PDM.dll are Explorer caused an invalid page fault in PDM.DLL. that is for windows explorer and it also creates error for Internet Explorer saying ""Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Anyways, pdm.dll is a process belonging to the Microsoft Windows program.

The Pdm.dll file is the Process Debug Manager file, and it is installed when you install the Development tools. This file can also be installed by other programs such as Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual C++, and so on. There may also be other programs that install a version of this file.

To resolve the above said error message on Windows Xp, You need to obtain and install Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 Service Pack 3. If you uninstall Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 from your computer and you continue to receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, rename the Pdm.dll file in the Windows\System folder to Pdm.old.

Many times, this kind error occurs with Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer when Pdm.dll file is out of date. This resolution requires you either to disable script debugging or to update the Pdm.dll file. If you must have the script debugging capability, you have to update the Pdm.dll file. To manually disable script debugging in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, under the Browsing section, click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) check box and the Disable script debugging (Other) check box if it is present.
    • Click OK, and then restart your computer.

Thanks for the help mates,, I'll doenload and install Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 Service Pack 3 on my computer and will let you know the result. Hope that work for me.. Anyways, i appreciate all your helps.. Thank You !!