Thread: Internet working too Slow on Ubuntu 9.04

Internet working too Slow on Ubuntu 9.04

Hello all, i noticed Internet working too Slow on Ubuntu 9.04. I don't know what is the problem, My lan card is detected properly ans also connection between my computer and ISP is oriented, but still my internet is too slow. Is there any problem? Do i need to install Ubuntu on my computer to make the internet run smoothly? Please help...

Re: Internet working too Slow on Ubuntu 9.04

I think there is something wrong, as internet on Ubuntu works smoother then it works on Windows based computers. You may find help at these topics :
    Wifi really slow in Ubuntu
    Ubuntu 9.04 Live Cd not working
    I hope this helps you, If you still face problems or your problem is not similar to the one described in those topics do post back...

Are you using a Live CD to boot Ubuntu in the Live Environment? Or have you installed Ubuntu on your Hard disk? Are you sure that the internet is working fine and it is the problem of Ubuntu alone? I think you should check your internet connection. Your internet connection might be slow at that moment. Also if you have Windows OS installed, try surfing the internet when you feel it is slow on Ubuntu... This may help you pin point the problem properly...

Thanks for taking some time to reply to my query. Well, yes i'm using LiveCD to load Ubuntu into Memory, but how can it affect my Internet speed? I checked with Windows XP which is currently installed on my computer, and internet is working fine on Windows XP. This is the reason i think something is wrong with my Ubuntu CD itself. Any help??

Are you using the Live CD of Ubuntu 9.04 to load a Live Environment? I think you should try to use the live environment for a little more while. Live Environments means the complete OS is dumped in the Main memory that is the RAM. When you connect to the internet, the Live OS uses needs some more memory then what currently it is utilizing. So if RAM on your computer is of less capacity, Live OS will free some memory by deleting some applications from the RAM which are not currently used. Now when you connect to the internet using a browser which takes some amount of memory, it is not dumped on the hard disk but on RAM, which makes it slower. So Live OS and Live Environment are meant to be slow...