Thread: Error is coming "Prefetch data deleted"

Error is coming "Prefetch data deleted"

Hi Friend,In Recent days I had some problem with my computer so I reinstalled windows xp .When installation completed i installed Microsoft update which include service pack 3 update.Before installing updates my pc booted really fast but after installing updates it well take 7 or 8 minutes to start up. I then installed Tune up utilities 2009 and I start getting one problem stating that Prefetch data deleted.
    I want to know that How can i fix this problem and from where this dat?

Re: Error is coming "Prefetch data deleted"

Hey guy don't worry about that error it does not affect your any work. Deleting the prefetch data is not big thing. It is procedure of tuneup utilities 2009 to delete Prefetch data. This software try to make your computer fast. Windows will automatically rebuild the prefetch folder and it's contain from once again .

Hi,Before giving you any suggetion i want to help you undestand that what is Prefetch data is all about .Each time when we turn on our computer windows kept details of how your computer starts and what programs are opened in what sequence ?Windows stored these information in file and stored in prefetch folder And use this information for speed up your system process.If this folder or this files are deleted then your computer take long time to start up because windows again take time to track start up process.
    Windows XP itself will take care of Prefetching.

Hi dude, First I want to inform that deleting Prefetch data does not harm your computer or does not affect any of your application. Prefetch data is usually used to track down your system process and application process ;this information stored in prefetch folder and this information help to open applications faster .If you delete these file then start up information lost. delete the Prefetch files very often, they lost their purpose. This is the actual benefits of prefetch data.
    But some times You should delete them manually sometimes, because as the time goes on, the Prefetch directory can become full and slow things down.
    I think that Prefetch files are used at the time, so they cannot be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillebror View Post
    It is procedure of tuneup utilities 2009 to delete Prefetch data.
    This is what I would like to know, how do you turn this procedure OFF. I use Tuneup Utils 2010, and every time I restart my pc, it is painfully slow starting up, and my Windows theme is reset to a very basic boring light gray Windows 98 look (I have XP, and if you remember, the default theme is bright blue). I want nothing deleted from Prefetch, period !!!

Dr. V Guest

I would suggest you to check the registry entries in you computer? The key that sets the flag is in the registry is :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
    Check weather the key enable value is 3 or not, 3 value means the "prefatch all". And it is changed to 0 or 1 or 2 then make it 3. Hope your problem will be fix once you make the value 3.

I suppose you are talking about Enable Prefetcher. If so, it is already set to 3, and the radio button Hexadecimal is checked.