Thread: Unable to boot Vista in normal mode

Unable to boot Vista in normal mode

Hello,

I have a big problem since this weekend with my computer: HP Pavilion DV9000 with operating system Vista Home Premium. Lately, my computer was struggling to startup , I often get a message saying that my system has "Your system is recovered from a serious error." I do not know if that is the cause, but this weekend by following a power outage while my computer was on, I can not turn it into normal mode. Always i get the blue screen at startup but then nothing!

By using the F8 key, I get to the menu allowing me to start the computer in Safe mode. I can access the files on my computer and have internet access! I don't have Vista installation disk , it came preinstalled. please help how can i make to boo in normal mode successfully.

Thank you in advance for your response!

Re: Unable to boot Vista in normal mode

Have you tried system restore? you should be able to find this option from the menu where you selects safe mode by pressing F8. The restoration program will not start or you have no system restore points available? What error you gets on blue screen?

As there was a power outage and the PC stopped abruptly, starts checking the hard drive as follows:

• Double-click on Computer then right click on your partition Vista. Choose Properties then select the Tools tab .
    • Under Error Checking click Check Now.
    • In the small window that opens check the 2 boxes then click Start.
    • The tool will ask if you want to schedule the audit at the next startup. Click on the button Planning ... then restart the PC.
    • The PC will take much longer time than usual to start. This is normal. Keep patient and let it do its verification. At the end, your desktop should reappear normally (if not, restart it in Safe Mode).

A blue-screen? What's the error message? Have you tried booting from the last known good configuration? Well, it happened to me when I removed the chipset driver from HP 7015 . In the end, I re-installed my 64-bit Vista Ultimate and applied SP1 right after installation. If you haven't made backups of files that you don't want to lose, make the backup first from the safe mode. Then you can think for re-installation.

Run Check Disk:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: chkdsk /f
    • If asked to run this at the next restart, type y, and press Enter.
    • Restart your computer back into safemode.

Run the System File Checker tool; It scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
    • At the command prompt, the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
    • When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

Source: microsoft.com
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"