Thread: How to disable boot screen during Windows xp startup

How to disable boot screen during Windows xp startup

Hi,

Can anybody help me, I have a computer running windows Xp, I want to remove dual boot screen, asking me to select an operating system everytime I start the pc, even my pc takes mush more time to start, how do I get rid ? How to disable boot screen during Windows startup ???

re: How to disable boot screen during Windows xp startup

To disable the boot screen at startup of Windows, click Start - Run and type "msconfig" and click OK. The System Configuration Utility opens, now click the BOOT.INI tab. In the list of boot options instead of a check mark next to "NOGUIBOOT" and click OK. You are then prompted to restart, and when it does, the XP logo boot screen will be long ! This will only work for Windows XP. You can check the boot no GUI on Vista, however, the results are very different.

Re: How to disable boot screen during Windows xp startup

You can also try the Pause button to disable the boot screen at startup of Windows XP. That will pause at startup in many places, including the detection of the BIOS, but not always start after booting.

This is an unusual boot.ini. Install XP tends to use this format when conflicting information comes from the drive and the BIOS of the list. It may be useful to disable the option in the BIOS that says you do not have a Plug and Play operating system. But then, if all goes well, you just might want to leave things alone until the next installation of XP.

To make you Windows xp faster, start Selective startup modes. Diagnostic startup enables Windows to determine the basic device drivers and software to load when you start Windows. When you use this method, the system temporarily disables Microsoft services such as Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, and Error Reporting. Also, you permanently delete all restore points for the System Restore utility.

You can try to disable the startup of Windows XP Welcome screen. This loads the drivers faster usually behind the Splash Screen. To do this, right-click on my Computer, got to Properties, click on Advanced, Under Startup and Recovery, click on Edit button. Edit BOOT.INI. Add "/ SOS" right after "/ fastdetect" with a space between them.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1* )\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /SOS.

Upon restart, the screen will be gone. You can re-enable by removing the switch again.