Thread: Application stopped working after installing SP3

Application stopped working after installing SP3

I have a computer with windows xp. I recently installed Service Pack 3. After reboot i noticed that many Application stopped working after installing SP3. What may be the problem? Can anyone help me? thanks in advance...

Re: Application stopped working after installing SP3

Did you download the Service Pack 3 package from the internet? I think the download may have corrupted, you need to download the Service Pack 3 again. Make sure you download the SP3 from microsoft's website only. Downloading from untrusted location can be dangerous... Hope this helps!

I would recommend you to first check your computer for virus or sypware infections. If you have no downloaded SP3 from microsoft there are more chances that the download which you received was infected. So check your system as soon as possible, If your system files are infected, you will have to reinstall windows xp all over again. All the best.

Did you install any new software which can be responsible for this? What do you think may be responsible? Or even if you have uninstalled a software, may case problem if the commonly shared files are removed by the application you uninstalled. Check if you have not done something similar to these. Also check if there are any updates available for your computer...

I sometimes get this error which has something like this : Service Control Manager Event ID 7026. what does this mean? I don't know where else to find help... Is there an update available which is more latest then SP3? I don't know about that, i will check my system for updates. Do i use Windows Update or download a specific package manually? Please help...

Use Windows Update. There are sometimes problems with windows updates too, but its worth a try. Also before updating, i would advice you to repair your windows installation. Boot from windows CD and at the first screen press Enter and then when it detects your installed Windows XP, press R to repair your system. Your data will remain intact. Hope this helps...