Thread: IIS Service Unavailable Error on Windows Vista

IIS Service Unavailable Error on Windows Vista

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. The problem is when i switch on my pc, after 5 to minutes it gives out an error message stating IIS Service Unavailable. Can any one tell me that what does the above error message means? How do i resolve IIS Service Unavailable error issue on my Windows Vista? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct way for the above issue.

Re: IIS Service Unavailable Error on Windows Vista

This issue may occur if the application pool for the virtual server is configured incorrectly in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0. The problem I had was real simple, Application Pools were stopped. I had reset IIS several times, rebooted server couple times but it didn't re-activate the application pool, and no errors were logged in the eventlog each time I did IISRESET or rebooted.

Apparently you can change the framework version outside of IIS to avoid this issue by using "Aspnet_regiis.exe". It can be fixed by rebuilding asp.net. You can only run asp.net 1.1 in 32 bit mode and you can run asp.net 2.0 in either 32 bit mode or 64 bit mode. To troubleshoot the crash, capturing an IIS crash dump is the common approach. If you want the application pool not to be disable, please open IIS Manager and disable rapid fail protection for that pool.

If an Application Pool is stopped, either by the user or by an error, why should IIS automatically restart it when you restart IIS or reboot the server. It is very difficult to determine where is the issue based on the information provided. If it is not a custom script you might need to query your vendor if there is an updated version of the script. You need to check out the following link. Hope so it may help you.