Thread: Best Partition Scheme?

Best Partition Scheme?

I am planning to turn my computer into a Hackintosh as i want to try apple before i buy an iMac. I also use Ubuntu along with Windows 7. Can anyone suggest me the Best Partition Scheme? Please help guys, I don't want to screw my data...

Re: Best Partition Scheme?

First, Take backup of your data on some other disk, its always better to start from scratch. You can create two NTFS partitions, one for Windows and one for data, then HFS+ parition for Mac, Ext3 or Ext4 for mac and atleast 1GB partition for swap. What is the size of the hard disk that you will be using for the OS?

I will be using a dedicated Hard disk of 160GB and i don't keep data in this hard disk. So what can be used to create this variety of paritions? What software do i need to use? Can Ubuntu do this? Thanks for any more help...

You can use a bootable disc of GParted. Its a free Hard disk utility live bootable OS disc. Ok, GParted is capable of creating Different partitions with different file systems like Ext4, NTFS, HFS, HFS+, FAT, etc... You can use GParted to create different parititons according to your use, you can create HFS+ for Mac, Ext4 for Linux, one more partition for swap and two NTFS partitions for Windows and Data and stuff...