Thread: Booting problem with Windows Vista and 7

Booting problem with Windows Vista and 7

I have a problem that already has lasted for quite some time and for which I can find no solution. I therefore seek your assistance. So, here is a real headache!

I tried to install Windows Vista and 7, with a DVD that works on every other pc I've had available, but that does not run on my pc. But under Windows, when I put a CD or other music, it does work well, which means that my dvd player work? I choose to display the boot sequence to boot my pc, and selects good player but nothing works.

I like to think that this comes from the drive, but outside of Windows Vista and 7, so when I install / reinstall XP, it will boot properly and installation goes smoothly ...

Re: Booting problem with Windows Vista and 7

It seems that your drive can read CDs but can no longer read DVDs. Here comes the reverse too, the circuits are not completely the same. Audio CD you say played ok, installed XP ok, here are all the CDs. You can also try to watch DVD video to confirm.

First approach: clean the drive (CD Cleaning)

Not that the Pioneer 110D, and I just tried to update the firmware, it does not pass either ...

On the contrary, I have learn something, because I knew that the circuits were different. That said, I just tested several things and we should see a clearer fear ...

The DVD drive can not read DVD discs containing data (but perhaps my dvd it is in poor condition) but managed to play a dvd video

So a priory, the reader is functional? What do you think?

A used or burnt DVD is not quite the same quality of recording (and the same process). Player / recorder dvd just tired has difficulty reading a burned DVD and no problem for a used dvd. Which does not have brands of dvd poorly tolerated by your reader.

I think a good cleaning with a CD made for that would do no harm if you have never cleaned. When this is not a fault free, we can immediately see the difference.