Thread: Troubleshoot MAC OS Type 1, 2 and 3 System Errors

Troubleshoot MAC OS Type 1, 2 and 3 System Errors

Hi,
    In my clients MAC computer I have to install Adobe Photoshop and Pagemaker. The MAC computer freezes when I run Photoshop or Pagemaker. This are system errors of MAC. I need some general tips and instruction to troubleshoot this problem. I am now going to re-install the entire application back again. But still if those application does not work then what solutions to try. Post some relevant suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Re: Troubleshoot MAC OS Type 1, 2 and 3 System Errors

The basic problem which occurs frequently under this category is a blank or flickering dialog box, freeze screen or cursor, error type 1, 3, etc. This one is for Adobe Photoshop. Do this first. Check the system requirements. If things are right here then re-create the elements preference file of Photoshop. To do this just exit Photoshop Elements and see for ElementsPrefs file in Photoshop's system folder. Disable it and rename it. Then create a new one. Restart your system. This will clear up lot of issues.

The best choice will be providing moer memory to Photoshop Elements. They might not work due to availability of insufficient memory. To do this first close Adobe photoshop and run any other application that run with it. Then go to Apple menu and choose About this. After that note down the values of free block and select Photoshop Elements icon. Again then go to file > get info > memory. Enter a large value here and restart your system. You can also checkout your plug ins for Photoshop.

The above listed solutions can also work for Pagemaker. Second thing you can troubleshoot extensions to clear up the error issue. First disable them and then choose classic from System Preference. Then go to Advance tab and switch off the extension. Again then restart classic. Just restart your system. Disabling Virtual Memory can also make thing work here. Just turn it off.