Thread: Double clicking local Disk C: failure

Double clicking local Disk C: failure

I have Windows Xp been running on my machine. The problem is that when i double click on my C: drive, it doesn't get open. It gives out "local Disk C: failure" message on my desktop screen. Another thing when you right click the local disk C: under my computer it comes up with some funky symbols under where explore and open should be. Can any one tell me that what does local Disk C: failure" error message means? How do i fix the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem.

Re: Double clicking local Disk C: failure

Sometimes it happens in windows XP that you are not able to open drives on your hard disk. You may a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. When you double clicking on the drives icons or right click on the drive-->explore in My computer ,the drive does not open. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.

For that you need to click on your start menu, then select and then type in run gpedit.msc. Then on the left side row you will get your computer configuration. Then you need to click on administrative templates, select system and then click on turn auto play and finally click on enabled on all drives. Normally when a virus infects a windows system which causes a drive opening problem, it automatically creates a file named autorun.inf in the root directory of each drive.

This error appears when attempting to access the Shared Documents folder (which appears to be renamed to “Documents”) autorun.inf initiates all the activities that the virus performs when you try to open any drive. You have to just delete this file and restart your system to correct this problem.