Thread: BSOD while in windows setup screen

Exclamation BSOD while in windows setup screen

I was having trouble with one of my hard drives and so i went to back it up and somehow my hard drive that had windows xp on it messed up and won't boot up it just goes to the splash screen and just keeps going and finally reboots..

so i thought ok i would grab the windows cd and go in and do a chkdsk /r
    and then do a fixmbr to see if that would work but while letting the drivers load from cd and then when it says starting windows (before you can hit the hit f8 or esc or r to do what you want) it goes to a bsod and on there it says check for virus or remove any new hardware..

now i didn't put any new hardware in and i don't know how the hell im going to check for viruses when i can't get on windows and my program i use to back up hard drives with (that can scan for viruses and other stuff) won't even boot up so i thought i would come here and ask for some help to see if anyone else has any ideas

also i tried hooking up another hard drive to see if i can install windows that way and still the same results.

anyone have any ideas on how i can solve this problem without putting in another motherboard or crashing my hard drive?

Thank you
    Smackie

Re: BSOD while in windows setup screen

go to bios and disable all extra hardware peripherals like LAN , usb any installed card like graphics use onboard .then try to install check that if you having same problem of bosd. if so then scan your hard disk for bad sector for that you can use hddregenrator bootable disk for creating that you will need windows so take your friends help.more its looks like your hard disk problem