Thread: OpenOffice on OpenSuse doesn't Update

OpenOffice on OpenSuse doesn't Update

OpenOffice on OpenSuse doesn't Update even though i have configured the repositories. It problem happened some time back and i didn't notice untill now. I see that my openoffice is version 2.3 while for OpenSuse 10.3 which i am using, 3.1.1 is available. Why doesn't OpenOffice update? Can anyone help me please?

Re: OpenOffice on OpenSuse doesn't Update

The version of OpenOffice which you are using is 2.3 has become a bit old, so might be possible that the repository has changed, try to and go to openoffice website and check if new repository is available. If it is then add the new repository in your OpenSuse and then try to download it may then be able to update the OpenOffice on your computer. All the best!

the best way would be to uninstall the current version of openoffice then go to the openoffice website and download the latest version. After the download finished, install the latest version and then update it to be sure that it is the most recent and updated version of openoffice. Hope this helps...

Yeah, Go to OpenOffice website and download the latest version of it. You can install the new version and it will automatically update the version present on your Suse or it will uninstall it and then install the newer version whichever way is feasible. Thats the best way to install and get the latest version.