Thread: Updating Adobe flash player via GPO

Updating Adobe flash player via GPO

I want to upgrade my version of Adobe flash player from v9 to v10 on all my computers. A GPO deploy with the V9 is what should I do to upgrade?

- Uninstall the GPO to remove v9 and then create a new for v10 (solution seems to me wrong)

- To change the existing GPO (v9), from "upgrade"? the trick is that in this case I can not tell him the new msi, unless it is a new GPO that I have to tell him? (solution that seems most likely but I doubt ...).

Also what should I do: uninstall the existing package and then install the new package or can I upgrade the existing package?

Re: Updating Adobe flash player via GPO

Either, on your GPO of flash 9, you do right click on the package and click remove. You say to uninstall immediately. Then you make a GPO to install flash 10.

Or you get the flash 10 package and go into the Upgrade tab, that is an upgrade of Flash 9. Then tell him to do the upgrade by uninstalling the old version and installing the new.

To update Adobe flash player via GPO, first get the software from Adobe website. Then copy the MSI file to a UNC share (something like \\servername\sharename). Now create a Group Policy Object. Go to Computer Configuration, Software Settings, Software installation, right-click, select New Package, now go to the UNC location where the MSI is stored and finally use Assigned.

Good, I chose the second option (the first being too restrictive). I then added a new package, and I did not need to specify anything, it was automatic. On the other hand, I have done the test of existing GPO and fortunately everything goes well.