Thread: Permission Denied after disabling autorun

Permission Denied after disabling autorun

After a scan performed with G Data, I realized a lot of files where the antivirus software did not obtained permission. I wonder if this is not the result of viruses. Also, I disabled autorun usb device history to prevent them from starting automatically but when I plug one of my usb device on another machine, I see autorun.inf files impossible to remove. I could not delete them even after booting in safe mode and modifying rights. When I scan with G Data, the antivirus software has not been allowed to scan the file. How do I do scanning now? Is it bad to disable autorun?

Re: Permission Denied after disabling autorun

To delete this file open the command window and type "attrib -R -S -H autorun.inf". Disabling autorun is a very good idea, it prevents misconceptions to occur. Regarding the access denied, that could be because of ZIP archives or EXE that already started?

I use this every time, I even added "-a" but nothing was done. For file access denied, I do not know but I see no options for a scan at startup, for example. Doing a scan in Safe mode is always preferable? And the antivirus says they are not supposed to scan archived files? Also, I run the scan by closing up the program.

It's odd that the file does not start. Perhaps the antivirus software is still active? Is it possible for you to scan with another antivirus software, or even anti malware like MBAM?

This is what I fear. Unfortunately I have G Data which is very good. Still, I can scan with avira and I'll do. I tell myself that it can be disabling autorun which hinders the smooth processing of these autorun files.