Thread: Windows 7 RTM version glitches

Windows 7 RTM version glitches

I have downloaded the RTM version of Windows 7 Ultimate, I got installed, I installed G Data, and then I got a little problem, may be because of virus.

So now when I run G Data firewall, the firewall is cutting my internet connection. It also crashes my browsers (Internet Explorer and Opera). Also MSN diagnoses said that it is a DNS issue; even on the public network from my neighbor, it does not work. If someone can help me at this level, it would be nice.

I have another problem. Then I installed Steam, I connect to my account, I start the download of CS Source. I return on the next day, run it and then it does not start. In fact, the process starts in the process tab but once arrived at 7-10 MB of RAM used, it closes.

Then I tried compatibility mode, I tried disabling the antivirus, I have looked in the Windows log, but nothing to do. Someone could help me? I've no message of error.

After that I have another small issue. Is virtualization available on all versions of Windows 7?

Re: Windows 7 RTM version glitches

I have no problem playing TF2 via Steam, but I know CSS. The "Windows XP mode" is only available for Professional and Ultimate versions of Windows. Given that the RTM is an ultimate, you can test it yet. Otherwise you can try out uninstalling everything antivirus, Steam etc and reinstall to check if that was installation problem.

I'll try to uninstall the antivirus, steam and reinstall everything. Otherwise do you have any tutorial regarding installing the same? And what about virtualization of Windows 7 Ultimate? Is it available on my version of Windows?

Windows Virtual PC provides the capability to run multiple Windows environments such as Windows XP Mode from your Windows 7 desktop. To download Windows Virtual PC and the Windows XP Mode environment, please follow the steps below. For information on how to set up Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode, check out Running Windows Virtual PC with Windows XP Mode over here.

1. Select the appropriate installation
    2. Download Windows Virtual PC RC
    3. Download Windows XP Mode RC