Thread: Virtual box says "No bootable medium found; system halted"

Virtual box says "No bootable medium found; system halted"

I have Windows XP install on my Mac. I have to reboot the computer everytime i want to switch between the operating systems. So i installed VirtualBox on my Mac. I selected the Operating System Windows and in the sub category i selected Windows XP. Now when i start the machine, Virtual box says "No bootable medium found; system halted" Whats the problem? Please help me!!

Re: Virtual box says "No bootable medium found; system halted"

After installing VirtualBox, you will need to install Windows XP. Have you installed Windows XP on Virtual Box? What option did you select and what configurations have you kept for the Windows XP Virtual Machine on VirtualBox? Can you provide this details? Do post back...

I already have Windows XP on my computer. How to access it on VirtualBox? Well in operating system i selected Windows and then in the sub category i selected Windows XP. In system i selected 512MB memory and 128MB video memory in display settings with 3D acceleration enabled. Thats it. I don't know more then this. I'm using VirtualBox for the first time and i have never used virtual machine softwares before. I hope someone helps...

Well, settings are ok, you cannot load the Windows XP from a physical disk on the the VirtualBox. You have to install Windows XP on the Virtual Machine which you created for Windows XP. Insert Windows XP's CD in the CD-ROM and from VirtualBox settings > CD/DVD-Rom select your CD-ROM and then start Windows XP Virtual Machine. All the best!