Thread: system32/shimeng.dll is corrupt and unreadable

system32/shimeng.dll is corrupt and unreadable

I have very strange error message when My computer shuts down automatically and reboots itself, the computer screen stuck at the message saying that system32/ shimeng.dll is corrupt and unreadable, I have never come across such kind of problem before can anyone suggest me because of what reason this problem arises and what would be the solution on it.

Also one more I have asked the same problem to my colleague he told me that this problem would be related to login, and yes I maintain the login ID on my computer, this would be problem.

Please help.

Re: system32/shimeng.dll is corrupt and unreadable

This is due Task Manager protection, As your log snippets are talking about Volume Shadow Copy, you must be doing a live P2V of Vista enterprise. Ignore my suggestions about importing a virtual machine/image. if it was a problem with a specific file, I thought I'd run a chkdsk, then tried the conversion again, still minimizing the target volume size. Please run the conversion once again, preserve the target volume size and let me know if that works. Meanwhile, it'll be great if you can upload the logs which has the hard link errors.

Boot from the CD or you can insert the CD while at the windows desktop but when the setup screen appears, exit setup and reboot. Vista usually creates a lot of hard links (mainly in winsxs folder) and Converter normally handles it fine and preserve the way hard links were established on the source. In this particular case, I'm not sure why you are getting this error.

Could you run the conversion once again, but this time do not shrink 'c:\'. If you shrink a volume, Converter tries to copy files one by one, which seems to be problematic on your source. KIS is identifying most of my ".exe" files as riskware. Registry access displays HKEY_USERS path instead of the more informative mapped path (eg. HKCU or HKLM) where appropriate Running process does not display last part of path when too long (eg. C:\Program Files\Internet\...\process.exe)