Thread: TDI.SYS and blue screen of death

TDI.SYS and blue screen of death

I am having problem while connecting to the internet. I can see that there are no packets sent or received. I restarted my computer but this resulted me in a blue screen with message saying "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1 TDI.SYS". This clearly indicates that there is some problem with TDI.SYS file which is giving me blue screen error. Can you help me what is TDI.SYS and how can I get rid of this blue screen of death?

Re: TDI.SYS and blue screen of death

tdi.sys is a Network Driver of Microsoft. The above error message indicates that it has been either corrupted or is missing. You need to reinstall this driver to get your internet connection. You can use your Windows installation CD to install this driver.

Dr. V Guest

Repair your Windows installation to solve this problem:
    1. Insert your original Windows CD into your cd/dvd drive. If the Windows In stallion menu appears, select Install Windows.
    2. If that menu does not appear, go to Start, Turn Off Computer, and then select Restart. After the POST, you will see a prompt, "Press any key to boot from cd...", so press the space key (any other key will also work).
    3. Let Windows setup continue.
    4. After a short while you will see an option to repair your Windows using the Recovery Console. Do NOT select this option. Just continue.
    5. Soon after this you will see a message "Searching for a previous Windows Installation".
    6. When Setup finds your previous Windows in stallion you will be given an option to Repair that installation. Follow the prompt on the screen, i.e, press R to repair.
    7. Now just let setup continue until it is complete and you see your desktop.
    8. Then, go to Windows Update (Start, All Programs, Windows Update) and let it search for and install any available service packs, and/or other updates.
    9. Lastly, if you have any drivers that are wish to use other than the ones in Windows, just install them in the normal fashion.

Restore your tdi.sys file using the following steps:

1. Go to Start, RUN and type 'msconfig'.
    2. On the General tab, click on "Expand File..".
    3. In "File to Restore", type "tdi.sys"
    4. In "Restore From", type "C:\WINDOWS\I386"
    5. In "Save file in", type "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers"
    6. You may be asked to restart your computer for changes to take effect.