Thread: Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer powers down when boot from cd

Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer powers down when boot from cd

I'm having a Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer. Recently i was trying to reinstall my operating system. But the problem is that when i try to boot from the cd my Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer gets power down. I had set the correct option in BIOS to get boot from my first boot device that's from CD/DVD, when the computer boots up. Every time the power gets down when i try to boot from cd. Does anybody knows why does my Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer powers down when boot from cd? Any idea on the above issue.

Re: Compaq EVO D150 e-PC computer powers down when boot from cd

Have you notice a note saying Hit any key to boot from CD? This is there in case you leave a bootable CD in the drive when you shutdown. You can also use some Data Recovery Boot CD. If your operating system has just crashed and you can't boot up then this that particular cd will help you to do so.

In most cases when Windows will not start you have to remember that none of your data has been lost you just don't have a way to get to it. Usually F8 allows you to get a menu boot for your OS (some of the options are normal, safe mode, command prompt, etc.), so I would think it would be before that.

All the Windows XP CD-ROMs are bootable. The Compaq Evo series came with a Restore CD which would reformat the hard drive and restore the computer to its out of the box state. Most computers have the ability to boot from CD but are not set up to do it. In this case you might need to restart the PC and enter BIOS setup or BIOS features by pressing Delete or another hardware specific key on BIOS screen startup. You might also need to turn on the boot from floppy option since the CD-ROM emulates a virtual floppy drive.