Thread: Windows Virtual PC vs Windows XP Mode for Windows 7

Windows Virtual PC vs Windows XP Mode for Windows 7

hi
    i have recently install windows 7 on my friends computer now i want to check out its virtualization feature so can any one tell me the difference between Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode that for Windows 7
    thank you

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows Virtual PC vs Windows XP Mode for Windows 7

A Windows XP virtual environment designed specifically to help companies move gently and smoothly to Windows 7, and to ensure better compatibility with some applications in order to meet the fewest problems possible.The method requires Windows XP processor virtualization based on AMD or Intel, but also enough memory (1GB of additional memory) and disk space (15GB). It will only work in the Professional editions, Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Windows 7.Check here How to Determine if your CPU Supports Windows 7 Virtual PC (XP Mode)

Re: Windows Virtual PC vs Windows XP Mode for Windows 7

Windows XP Mode is specifically designed to help small businesses move to Windows 7. Windows XP Mode provides you with the flexibility to run many older productivity applications on a Windows 7 based PC.

All you need to do is to install suitable applications directly in Windows XP Mode which is a virtual Windows XP environment running under Windows Virtual PC. The applications will be published to the Windows 7 desktop and then you can run them directly from Windows 7. so Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode are both supporting for each other so cannot replace each other for installation check here How to Install and Configure Virtual Windows XP Mode in Windows 7