Thread: Windows won't boot, no signal to monitor

Windows won't boot, no signal to monitor

I tried to get a computer working. It is a Pavilion PC A6000 AMD Athlon 64x2 and with a built in video card. I got it used and I would come and would continue the update of Windows in a long time.Well after doing the update and when I wanted to start it refused to boot up. The monitor gets no signal but all fans and drives seems to work fine. I tried pulling the ram and re-set the same with cpu, cpu controlled and it was hot, set bios back and did the eraser on the ram. I tried starting the PC without RAM and didn't hear any beeps. I hope doing a windows update didn't fry MOBO! Any advice is much appreciated.

Re: Windows won't boot, no signal to monitor

Check that the monitor cable is not loose. Most computers will have LED lights on the motherboard that will eventually go green when a series of tests on boot. If there is a problem that the power on self-test (POST) is going on, you can see red LED lights. If so, check your motherboard manual for info on the lights. If not, I pull all pci cards of the computer and would try to boot. If that doesn't help, then it's a bad system memory (RAM) or bad power supply I suspect.

IS your hard drive full. Usually when the hard drive more than 75% is that they have crushed and you need to format them. You see the screen in beginning where the PK and F2 says preparing to go to. If so find the option that says is press F5 to windows (can any F-key) to restore then install windows again. Make sure you not do system restore because reinstalling activates this problem you'll have to reformat your hard drive and start over from scratch installing windows. You will loose all of your data. So, if you need an important document or something definitely hook up your hard drive to another computer, find your hard drive and copy the files you want.

I suspect you have a PSU problem or mobo problem. I think you are not getting any beeps? I suggest you disconnect anything not required to make your computer starts to initialize. Leaves only mobo / cpu/ psu/ 1 stick of ram / hard drive / graphics card. If it's still a no go, try a different psu. If that doesn't help, may be your mobo is dead.