Thread: Inspiron 1720 Winxp notebook how to restor system software

Inspiron 1720 Winxp notebook how to restor system software

I got a 1720 Inspiron from dell. dell does not offer windows xp drivers for everything on this laptop, I want to restore it to just like it was when it came out of the box. The computer is approximately 24 months old with a fresh installation of Windows XP. The laptop was purchased pre-owned in March of 2008. There is some minor cosmetic damage on the lid of the laptop, but the laptop itself is fully functional. but I want to have how it was when i purchased..

Re: Inspiron 1720 Winxp notebook how to restor system software

First is that the sound drivers you refer to don't seem to install properly. If you have just installed a new operating system and half of your laptop just wont work (with faults like no sound no internet or bad graphics) then this is exactly what this CD has been designed to fix. The installer runs (without the warning I get for other Sigmatel installers) but then stops in the middle of installation.

Re: Inspiron 1720 Winxp notebook how to restor system software

The second issue is with the wireless network installation. I have the Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card installed. There aren't any drivers for this under the Windows XP option for the 1720. Normally you would need to independently download and install each driver and often enough it will be the wrong one! If you already have other drivers installed it can get very over complicated with device drivers not loading showing errors.

Re: Inspiron 1720 Winxp notebook how to restore system software

I still haven't been able to get the Sigmatel drivers to install. I've tried at least 20 different Sigmatel drivers, none have worked. RollBack Rx is a robust incremental backup and restore utility for home users and IT professionals to easily restore a PC to a time before certain events occurred. Different installers behave differently. Some immediately give an error that the drivers are not compatible with my system as soon as I run the installer. you will have to format the laptop and install a fresh windows vista again.