Thread: Game wont load under wine on Ubuntu 9.04

Game wont load under wine on Ubuntu 9.04

I have been using ubuntu since the ancient linux times. I never had any problems with it. I recently installed Ubuntu 9.04 and installes wine so could play some games. When i try to install a game, it wont give a single problem, it would install very smoothly but the Game wont load under wine on Ubuntu 9.04. Every time i try to load the game i get different errors. I think something is wrong, please help...

Re: Game wont load under wine on Ubuntu 9.04

I guess wine is in need of some update. I had some similar issues, My ubuntu with wine would install the games smoothly but when i start them, i used to get some errors, and sometimes same error but sometime different errors. I just updated wine and everything is works fine. If update doesn't solve your problem, then may be you could try re-installing the newer version.

Thanks for the reply, but mine the the latest version of wine. I think its due to no CD as some of the games require CD for play but i don't use CD to play on my linux box. What is this is a problem? Can i get any solution for this? Please help...

If you have purchased the games, you can download the No-CD Crack. This crack when applied will allow you to play games on your linux box without needed the CD. But for doing this, you must be a legal owner of the game. Hope this helps... All the best!

First be sure its not the drivers and configuration issue. Check your Drivers and X11 configuration. If needed, update your graphics driver... Install Direct X on ubuntu through wine and make sure openGL is also installed. All the best