Thread: Vvinesd.386 Missing , Where to Download

Vvinesd.386 Missing , Where to Download

When I start my computer, i receive the following error message:

Cannot find device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application. The Windows registry or system.ini file refers to this device file, but the device file no longer exists. If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated application using its uninstall or setup program. If you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling the application to replace the missing file. VVINESD.386
    Can you tell me what is these VVINESD.386 file , where can i get it , please help me solve these problem , thanks in advance

Re: Vvinesd.386 Missing , Where to Download

This behavior can occur if an upgrade to Windows 95 or Windows 98 detects the Banyan VINES network client to the Banyan VINES network client is not installed. This may be caused by a previous installation of the Banyan VINES network client that left the following information in the file Protocol.ini:

[BAN VINES $]
    DriverName = ndisban $
    [NDISBAN $]
    DriverName = NDISBAN $
    Setup uses the file to Protocol.ini determines Which 16-bit clients to install during an upgrade. When the information exists in the Protocol.ini file, Setup automatically installs the Banyan VINES network client.

I got exactly the same problem , the solution is that I have tried completed the installation without the components that it seeks in I386 and the end of the installation you'll be able logger in an as administrator and then you will only you have a very basic interface for your desktop, after that then you have tp copy the I386 directory from the CD of Win XP Pro to your Harddisk (about 400MB) then you can reinstall Win XP and when it asks you the directory as it cannot find the component then provide the location where you copied I386 , it work for me

The error in question is due to a hardware incompatibility. On the bars it is possible that your motherboard only supports 512. I think your config is too low for the system you want to install. Have you tried to install with a bootable floppy?

Check this Threads for more information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/194845