Thread: Google Earth doesn't work on Fedora 11

Google Earth doesn't work on Fedora 11

I have a linux box with Fedora 11. It was Fedora 10 and i just upgraded to Fedora 11. Everything works perfect except google earth. I don't know what happened but i think it stopped working after the upgrade. Does anyone have similar problem? Google Earth doesn't work on Fedora 11 on my machine. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advance...

Re: Google Earth doesn't work on Fedora 11

I too think the upgrade is the culprit. Well when did you last check Google Earth before Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 upgrade? I think google earth needs opengl to function and you will need to upgrade opengl. Try this and post back, hope this works for you...

Hey, I had a similar problem when i upgraded Fedora 10 to Fedora 11. All i did is i removed Google Earth completely and re installed it. After the re-install it would sometimes work and sometimes i would get a black screen. I didn't find a way to solve this problem completely. But, still something is better then nothing...

This problem happens when Fedora is upgraded from 10 to 11. If you want google earth to work perfectly and smoothly, reinstall Fedora 11. Do not upgrade but do a clean install. I have this problem on a friend's computer and this was the only way which solved it...