Thread: OpenSuse crashed and cannot boot

OpenSuse crashed and cannot boot

I have a linux computer with OpenSuse 11.1. I don't know how but my OpenSuse crashed and cannot boot. I was experience very slow internet speed and after i rebooted my computer, it refuses to start. What may be behind this? Its a very strange problem. Grub takes over the post screen and then a cursor blins and nothing happens. How do i get my system back on tracks? Should i clean install OpenSuse again? I don't have any important data. Please help!

Re: OpenSuse crashed and cannot boot

You can install OpenSuse all over again, but i think you need to find what was the problem as this may happen again. Were you downloading updates? This may have caused slow internet. Also did you manually rebooted the computer or OpenSuse prompted you to do so? I think your system crash is related to the slow speed issue...

I don't know but may be OpenSuse started downloading updates automatically. I did not initiate and update process or downloads. Also i manually rebooted the machine as i thought this may speed up the internet connection. So i just rebooted. Now after the reboot my system isn't booting. What other option do you think i have left with me? Please help...

I think you must reinstall OpenSuse again. Make sure you format your drivers properly. Well, this time remember that you don't select to automatically download updates. You can always download updates for your machine when you think its proper time or you are not working with your computer... Hope this helps you...