Thread: Windows 7 and Truecrypt

Windows 7 and Truecrypt

I have recently migrated my operating system from Windows XP to Windows 7 and i need to have some good encryption software for Windows 7. When i asked my friend about it he told me to go for Truecrypt, but when i asked my other friends they recommended me some another software but i would like to go for Truecrypt before going for it can anyone provide me some information about it and at the same time some people told me that when a container is mounted the whole file becomes corrupted is it true ?

Windows 7 and Truecrypt

TrueCrypt is free, but it’s as powerful is not more powerful that other disk encryption utility available, and comes with more features than disk encryption program for BitLocker. On-the-fly encryption means that data is automatically encrypted or decrypted right before it is loaded or saved, without any user intervention. No data stored on an encrypted volume can be read (decrypted) without using the correct password/keyfile(s) or correct encryption keys. Where files are automatically being decrypted on the fly while they are being read or copied from an encrypted TrueCrypt volume. Similarly, files that are being written or copied to the TrueCrypt volume are automatically being encrypted on the fly in RAM. Note that this does not mean that the whole file that is to be encrypted/decrypted must be stored in RAM before it can be encrypted/decrypted. There are no extra memory (RAM) requirements for TrueCrypt. For downloading click on Download.

Download

Windows 7 and Truecrypt

No i don't thing so i have try to use TrueCrypt with Windows 7 and i was not facing any issue. I don't think so you should also face any issue, if you face any issue with Truecrypt when you are trying to encrypt any file then in that case it might happen that some of the files might have gone corrupted, in that case try to reinstall Truecrypt and this would solve your problem.