Thread: winlogon.exe - no disk

winlogon.exe - no disk

Hi friends,

I am facing some issue with my computer everything was working fine but today when i try to start my computer and insert Cd in the ROM when i try to open it at that time, i got an pop up window shows winlogon.exe- No disk. I don't know what would be the issue and at the same time when i asked my friends about the same they also don't have any idea about it. Does anyone know how to over come from this issue and provide me some information about winlogon.exe and for mroe information i am using Windows XP SP 2.

Information on winlogon.exe

Normally winlogon.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows then the security rating is 90% dangerous. File size is 15,872 bytes. Winlogon.exe is a process belonging to the Windows login manager. It handles the login and logout procedures on your system. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated. Some times winlogon.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan too. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

winlogon.exe - no disk

If you are getting winlogon.exe - no disk message then i would suggest you check out the IDE cable it might happen that it has gone bad because of which you are getting this message. Try to replace your IDE cable with the new one hope you won't get any message.

winlogon.exe - no disk

I have try to replace my IDE cable and at the same time i have also try to change my CD Rom to, but then too i am getting winlogon.exe - no disk . Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue because i have try to check out many other forums but was not able to get any solution for it. Thanks in Advance.

winlogon.exe - no disk in Windows XP

I was also getting winlogon.exe - no disk message to overcome from this message one of my friend told me to disable the bootable CD-ROM support of the Award BIOS after that you need to restart your computer and go into BIOS by pressing Del key or F2 key. Once you get into BIOS over there goto Boot sequence and change the boot sequence so that the CD-ROM appears after the hard disk drive. You can also try to do it hope it works for you too.